Hiring a trainee is a smart investment for your business where we can provide flexible traineeships delivered in your workplace
What is a Traineeship?
What is a traineeship?
Traineeships combine practical work-based training with formal training to give your new or existing staff a nationally recognised qualification, the experience they need to excel in their careers and the information required to be a reliable employee who assists with growing your business.
Who can become a trainee?
Traineeships are available to anyone of working age who is an Australian citizen and living in New South Wales. Trainees may be school leavers, people re-entering the workforce or an adult worker simply wishing to change careers. Trainees do not need to have a Higher School Certificate or another qualification.
Benefits & Incentives for Business
What are the benefits of a traineeship for employers?
Having staff trained your way from the start can increase your business’s efficiency and productivity. You can:
- Develop a workforce the business needs by attracting and recruiting staff for your current or future skill requirements
- Mentor and develop loyal and motivated staff
- Train future staff and supervisors, often in a short space of time
- Increase productivity and staff retention
Here is a snapshot of what businesses may be eligible for:
- Financial support is available for eligible employers*
- Payroll tax rebates*
- Workers Compensation exemption*
- Extra incentives to assist in the employment of those with a disability, mature aged and Indigenous Australians
We do recommend you visit the Australian Apprenticeships Incentives website for further eligibility information.
*Eligibility criteria apply. Benefits and services are subject to change at any time without notice. Contact ET Australia for further information.
Are there costs involved?
Government funding is available for your business to hire a Trainee.
Why should I invest in a trainee?
- Trainees are paid the National Training Wage and are paid trainee pay rates
- Trainees bring a fresh perspective into your business, this can be a key factor in promotion of innovation and new ideas that may ultimately assist your bottom line
- Trainees can complete tasks other staff members can’t get to which is ideal for a new or growing business
- Hiring a trainee helps to spread the word about your company
- Hiring trainees and skilling them from the ground up can assist in succession planning to help ensure the long term success of your business
- Increase staff retention – trainees become loyal to employers who give them a start
- Traineeships are fee free for trainees undertaking a government funded traineeship.
- Traineeships are subsidised under Smart and Skilled for new entrant trainees. This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
- Existing worker trainees are not subsidised under Smart and Skilled.
- With the NSW Government’s fee free traineeship initiative there has never been a better time to consider taking on a trainee.
Ready to talk about traineeships?
Fill out the below form and we will send you our traineeship brochure to your inbox and have an ET Australia Business Development Representative call you.