To help train the workforce of the future ET Australia Training College is offering the Introduction to Care Work program. This fee-free introductory training program is available for school leavers, young
To help train the workforce of the future ET Australia Training College is offering the Introduction to Care Work program.
This fee-free introductory training program is available for school leavers, young people and job seekers, as part of the NSW Government’s Skilling for Recovery initiative. Eligibility criteria applies.
This program has been designed to provide students with introductory skills and knowledge required to work in the aged care and disability sectors. Students will learn how to work within legal and ethical frameworks and will learn the importance of communication and how to effectively apply these in community services settings.
Students will learn:
- how to work with diverse people
- the importance of communication and how to effectively apply these in community services settings
- how to provide first aid
Within the context of a community services setting, students will learn how to:
- Communicate effectively
- Collaborate with colleagues
- Address constraints to communication
- Report problems
- Complete workplace correspondence and documentation
- Contribute to continuous improvement
- Identify and respond to legal requirements
- Identify and meet ethical responsibilities
- familiarise themselves with the aged care and disability sectors
- become familiar with some of the terminology that will be used in a community services workplace
- receive support and advice to see whether the type of entry-level roles within the aged and disability sectors are suitable prior to committing to employment and / or further study
- achieve 2 units from the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support qualification
This training program is provided at no cost to eligible participants and is subsidised by the NSW Government under theSmart and Skilled initiative.
This program will run 2 days per week over a 3 week period.
Training Days: Tuesdays, Wednesdays
Dates: 13 July – 4 August 2021
Venue: ET Australia Training College, 125 Donnison Street, Gosford
Times: 9.30am to 2.30pm
Students are required to participate in all scheduled classes unless arranged otherwise with an ET Australia Training College Representative prior to commencement.
For more information Download the course flyer.
RTO ID 90084
July 13 (Tuesday) 9:30 am - August 4 (Wednesday) 2:30 pm
ET Australia Training College
125 Donnison Street, Gosford
ET Australia02 43231233 123 Donnison Street, Gosford, NSW, 2250