This fee-free training program, subsidised by the NSW Government will provide you with the foundations needed to work effectively with people with a disability.
The CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability unit has been designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge required to facilitate the empowerment of people with disability, through the delivery of services driven by a person-centred, rights-based approach.
Students will learn how to:
- Demonstrate commitment to empowerment for people with disability
- Foster human rights
- Facilitate choice and self-determination
In addition, the program will cover:
- Getting the facts straight
- Discrimination and anti-discrimination law
- The Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- An overview of the disability service system
- Communicating effectively with service users
- Achieving cultural awareness in your work
- Person-centred practice in action
This is a fabulous professional development opportunity that is available at no cost.
On successful completion, students will be awarded a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.