This training is fully subsidised by the NSW Government (Smart and Skilled and Skilling for Recovery eligibility criteria applies). There are no associated student fees for this program.
To be eligible for a Smart and Skilled subsidised training place, at the time of enrolment an individual must:
- Be an Australian citizen, a permanent Australian resident, a humanitarian visa holder or a New Zealand citizen, and
- Be aged 15 years or older, and
- Live or work in New South Wales, and
- No longer be at school or equivalent
Skilling for Recovery eligibility must also be met for participation in this program.
People eligible for Skilling for Recovery must meet the Smart and Skilled eligibility criteria and fit into at least one of the categories below:
- Unemployed (with or without a benefit); or
- At risk of unemployment; or
- 17-24 years old (employed or not)
- In receipt of a Commonwealth Government benefit
Basic language, numeracy and literacy skills are needed for this program.
Basic computer skills are required. You will be required to bring along a fully charged smartphone, tablet (or similar) or laptop to each training session as a digital device will be used during the sessions.
For the first aid unit, you must be physically fit as completion of this unit requires the student to be able to get onto the floor to perform CPR – this is a licensing requirement of the unit.
If you have ANY special needs (eg, language / literacy / numeracy difficulties, physical disabilities etc) that you think may impact your ability to complete this training please let us know prior to enrolling.